I originally published this on Medium years ago as a list of 40 things. It feels a bit granola (that’s what sells on Medium) but most of it still holds up well. I revised a few of the items and added the last five based on more recent experiences.
As usual, nailed it. Thanks John!
“The cost of being a jerk is largely invisible to you, and measured in missed opportunities.” - Wow. Just wow on that one.
Some highlights for me personally
7. Always have just one or two goals you’re focusing on
8. Moderation is usually just an excuse to be average
12. Networking can be fun and authentic, if you do it right
#14 - working hard > working consistently
#15 - when not to be honest
#18 be a quitter
33. Being an asshole costs you more than you think
45. Seriously, cut back the alcohol - And this, I've accidentally stopped alcohol over the last 2 years and every time I drink more than one drink after 6pm, I have horrendous sleep. I'm done with it for the most part.